What Makes You Unique? - autographed copy
**Winner of the Canadian Christian Writing Award in the Young Adult category!
Carolyn is now offering her book for only $15 and FREE shipping! Get your autographed copy for that teen girl in your life today!
Discover the Truth or Believe the Lie
Why am I here? What is God s plan for my life? Why did God make me the way I am?
These are questions that everyone asks at some point in life, but especially teenagers. The teen years are a rollercoaster---friends, boys, peer pressure, parents---where do you turn? This book is written especially for teen girls who are searching for answers about life: girls who struggle with the desire to be themselves and the fear of being different.
In particular, it is for Christian girls who want to know how to be unique in a world that praises conformity and who want to be Christ-like in a culture that is quick to label Christian teens as self-centered snobs or geeks.
Join Carolyn (C.J.) Carleton for a heart-to-heart talk about what it means to be a young Christian woman in today s world. She draws from Scripture, her personal experiences growing up, and her years of working with teen girls just like you to help you build a firm foundation for your life in the truth of Christ and the Word of God. Let her challenge you through journaling and self-discovery.
Get ready to learn about yourself and fulfill God s purpose for His unique creation---you!
Receive a free wristband with your book! Click on your choice below.
**When purchasing please leave a "note to seller" with the name of the person that you would like to have the book autographed to and it will be mailed out immediately.
To order in bulk quantities for group studies please contact Carolyn directly at email@example.com
"One of the most positive aspects of WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE? is Carleton's willingness to be vulnerable and to expose her "sins". So often "Christian" books for adolescents are "preachy" and leave the impression that all adult Christians are paragons. Carleton's "been there-done that and found my way back" approach makes the book's contents much more approachable and more like a caring, older sister is doing the writing/talking." - Dr. Dave Jenkinson
"I have no doubt that this book is being used right now in high school-aged bible study groups everywhere, and if it isn't it should be. This is a smart book that asks its readers some pretty tough and profound questions. This is, of course, a notoriously difficult group of people to reach - its very easy to come off sounding condescending or preachy when you're dealing with teens. This book doesn't do that at all - and that's commendable." – anonymous
Blog review: Truth be Told
Reviews found on the internet:
- It’s an excellent read. I recently read the book, and found it good. I would give it to any young girl who wants to deepen their faith. As an adult, it covers almost everything I would like a young woman to know, and wish I knew when I was young.
- I am in the process of reading your book. Let me commend you for the huge of amount of research and work you have put into it. Also, for sharing yourself so honestly with your readers. May it accomplish that purpose for which you have written it. Thank you.
- We bought the book for our friend's 13 year old daughter. We just had lunch with them today and spoke to her daughter about the book. She loves it, she is still reading the book, doing the studies. It has got her back into reading the Bible on a regular basis. Thank you so much.
- Great! This book covers the majority of what I would want to teach any teenage girl in my life. It is easy to read, has enjoyable personal stories with the points, and biblically based. It has questions, prayers, and challenges so one can process what they are reading and bring it into their life.
- I am in my 30's and read Carolyn's book, I love the journaling, self assessments. Each chapter applies that you really think about who You really are and for you to think about how each chapter pertains to your life. Yes, there were a few chapters like dating that didn't apply, but the remainder of the book was awesome, a very good read and a tool for self reflection. I have given my nieces there own copies, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS book for teens and young adults, and for those of you who are all grown up, well we are never too old to learn a little more about life and it may very well help you interact with your teen daughters!!
- I am 14 going on 15 and I got this book as gift form my mom. I'm not much of a reader, but this book really caught my attention. I'll admit...I'm not finished yet. I start reading then i stop and then i start again. That's just me. :] But so far so good. Every chapter gives you the chance to think about how it applies to your own life. Man, have I learned a lot. This book opened my eyes to things i never even noticed before. I would defiantly recommend this book to EVERYONE. Well, at least the ones I haven't already told...and even they could hear it second time! Great book Carolyn!!
- I totally enjoyed the book, "What Makes You Unique?" It was so honest and real. I wish this book was around when I was a teen. The book answered so many questions I was afraid to ask the people around me while growing up.
Mandy Hoffman rated it 4 of 5 stars
This Bible study book is like a wonderful chat with a dear friend. C.J. makes teen girls who work their way through this book feel like they are her best friend as they dig into God's Word and learn more about the One who IS their best friend.
I really appreciated how this was more than just a "fill-in-the-blank" study guide. C.J. walks teen girls through some things in each chapter and then leaves them with a few probing questions and thoughts along with a passage to dig into. It's just the right amount of help with the right amount of challenge for a teen girl!
If you have a daughter, granddaughter, or know a girl between 13 and 18 I would recommend you consider this book as your next gift for her!
Val rated it 5 of 5 stars
What Makes You Unique? The title of this one of a kind book really jumped out to me. C.J. Carleton the author of the book, created this to be geared towards teen girls everywhere. What Makes You Unique reaches out to girls who are struggling with questions about life. In a world were the best people are “supposed” to look a certain way or act a certain way, it can be tough on teen girls to accept themselves for who they are. This book is written from a Christian Perspective but can be great for all types of girls
What Makes You Unique isn’t only a book and life story of the author but also a workbook. Many of the exercises in this book help you come to terms with what is really going on in your life and also give you information on changing for the better. C.J. is able to bring out some of the bibles best verses and apply them to a modern girl’s life.
This book is easy to read and follow. With aspects like “Apply it to your life” and “Journal Time” you can really make the most of this book.
What Makes You Unique is a great purchase for teen girls and young ladies. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars for helping my confidence go up and being a great easy to follow read.